What’s in there? Course includes the basics of watercolor painting and various techniques that you can apply drawing evocative pictures, creating dimensional space within the worksheet by using the perfect color combinations. I’ve never tried watercolors before, do you think I can cope with it? The course suits every watercolor enthusiast, but will be especially helpful for those who takes their first steps with watercolors, and fans of Julia Barminova’s artistic manner.
DURING THE COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn which brushes artists use to paint waves, and which for the street lamps;
- Create your own watercolor palette;
- Reveal the secrets of the perfect combination of colors;
- Learn how to arrange a harmonious color palette for your work;
- Discover how to portray a large range of colors with a single layer;
- Try to make gradient fillings;
- Learn the peculiarities of architectural watercolors;
- Make the right sketch for the watercolor;
- Apply color theory in practice.
LECTURE 1. Materials and the workplace. The basics of chromatology
- Brushes: types, characteristics, purposes.
- Paints: Julia Barminova’s shows her own palette
- System of perfect contrasts. Rules of tone, color, hue.
LECTURE 2. Color cards. How to find harmonious combinations and use them in your works.
- How to extend a contrasting pair to a contrasting dozen;
- How to maintain color balance in your work.
LECTURE 3. The basics of single layer watercolor technique
- Fitting intricate color range in a single layer;
- Fillings: How to
LECTURE 4. Sketching architectural element in pencil
- Materials overview
- Sketching from photos;
- Learn from Julia: personal methods and techniques;
LECTURE 5. Guidelines: from general to particular, from light to dark. Filling the illuminated parts
- Preparing a worksheet for watercolors;
- Using color theory in practice;
- Sequence of the fillings;
- Utmost contrasts;
LECTURE 6. Final Steps. Shadows and details
- Working on shadows;
- Fine details
- How to create texture
Questions and answers:learning process
Reviews of author`s courses
The course was very good and very intense. I did not know we had to work simultaneously with Julia so I got behind from the start and did not finish in time to upload for review. However I had some very nice hours afterwards following the course on replay and painting the hydrangeas. I love the way it is filmed so that you can follow the actual painting process live - that is very informative and there are lots of big discoveries in watching how Julia works. Great course.
It was great!
I really enjoyed it. Very well explained. I had a surprising result!
I learned a lot. Good understandable explanation!
It was my First experience with lecto room, was so happy with my experience. Special thanks for sorting me out of finding the course and the recording. Thank you so much
she explained very well her techniques, and I just love her work. I really like her workshop.
It was wonderful work shop.. I was waiting for Julia’s English speaking workshop and was happy to attend.. I tried once painting after the workshop and hope I will improve in painting waves .. thank you
Hi, I was happy with the content of the course, the rythm, the explanation, the english was very good,... Looking forward to take another course with you. Thanks
I'm looking forward for julia's next english course..i definitely learn a lot from her