Using the example of hydrangea, one of the most interesting plants in terms of complex color transitions and compositional solutions, we will go through the features of watercolor technique in painting flowers, building a form, the basics of academic drawing, elements of botanical illustration, and also talk about proportions and aerial perspective.
This workshop is for you:
If you want to learn how to render flowers realistically and master different watercolor techniques, from botanical painting to sketching.
What will the workshop include?
- Learning the basics of botanical painting.
- Contrasting the techniques of classical botanical painting with one-layer painting.
- Applying layering techniques to get a more realistic image in the center of the composition.
- Alla prima watercolor technique. Transitions, nuances, shadows, veins, details: everything is applied at once in about two minutes, while the sheet gets dry. This technique teaches you a lot: to see, to calculate in advance and to avoid mistakes during the painting process.
- Basics of painting wet-on-wet.
- Coloring and color matching for painting light and shadow.
- Composition and aerial perspective.
- Arranging objects on a sheet, distancing objects and bringing them closer.
WE BEGIN 1st august AT 2 PM (GMT+3)
London, United Kingdom 12:00 BST
Beijing, China 19:00 CST
Sydney, Australia 21:00 AEST
14:00 Introduction of the materials
14:30 Introduction of watercolor technique and exercises
15:00 Pencil drawing
15:30 Watercolor painting
18:00 Watercolor painting
19:00 Review uploaded works
100% cotton paper 300gr FIN (not rough or satin)
Recommended sheet size 28x38cm or 31x41cm
This is my regular palette:
- Phthalo Blue PB15
- Phthalo Green PG7
- Cadmium Orange PO20
- Gamboge PY150/PO48
- Cobalt Blue PB28 or Ultramarine Blue PB29
- Quinacridone Rose PV19
- Neutral Tint RBk6/PV16
As we will paint pink hydrangea you can prepare some pink, red and violet colors that you already have.
- pencil (HB, 2B)
- painting board
- masking tape
- water container
Reviews of author`s courses
I really enjoyed it. Very well explained. I had a surprising result!
I learned a lot. Good understandable explanation!
It was my First experience with lecto room, was so happy with my experience. Special thanks for sorting me out of finding the course and the recording. Thank you so much
she explained very well her techniques, and I just love her work. I really like her workshop.
It was wonderful work shop.. I was waiting for Julia’s English speaking workshop and was happy to attend.. I tried once painting after the workshop and hope I will improve in painting waves .. thank you
Hi, I was happy with the content of the course, the rythm, the explanation, the english was very good,... Looking forward to take another course with you. Thanks
I'm looking forward for julia's next english course..i definitely learn a lot from her
Excellent. I want to go through it again because I wasn't able to paint live because of the tie difference.
I enjoyed very much to see Julia do dry on wet to create the sea, very helpful.
I really like what you do, draw, paint and so on and your enthusiasm Thank you and see you soon @triliamn
Great course, very helpful and detailed! I really liked how Julia explained every single aspect of her technique, I learned a lot! Thank you!